Custom Home Building
Custom Home Building
Top Solution has a reputation throughout Southwest Florida for uncompromising construction quality and service. If you are in the market to build a home, look to us. We will walk you through the entire project, stay on budget, and create a masterpiece you will be proud of for years to come.
For further information click here or call (239) 325-9094 now to reserve your free consultation.
New Home Builders Checklist
A significant amount of time is put into the hunt for the right piece of property. The design of a home varies, based on whether you choose to live on a mountainside, riverfront or a lot purchased within an intentional community with guidelines and specifications for building.
• What is your ideal location? (Mountains, Downtown, Community)
• Determine your ideal lot size.
• Consider property features. (View, Stream, Trees, Privacy, Access, Utilities)
Perhaps you have a vision of a dream home. Or you may be inspired by the land you choose. It is important to be able to communicate your vision so that it can become a reality.
• Nail down a style of architecture.
• Make a list of all the must haves.
• Create a collection of pictures online or offline to share with a design professional.
Having a clear idea of what you would like to spend will help greatly in this process.
• Price out the must haves.
• Create a timeline for your project.
• Secure a line of credit.
• Develop direct communication about project status.
We always recommend working with an architect when beginning a new build. Site work can make for many variables in your project. When working with an architect, they will help you pick a site specific plan based on your needs. We work with and recommend several architects.
• Understand custom construction requirements.
• Understand production home construction requirements.
• If using a generic set of plans, are the plans modifiable?
• Speak with an architect that has experience designing in the area which you have bought land or want to live.
Choose a contractor with talent and expertise (someone you can trust to manage the project, stay on budget and keep lines of communication open).